Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Telling & Rescheduling

First up... I rescheduled my u/s for next Tuesday at 2. There is no way in hell I can wait until May 1st. It's killing me already. I had an u/s every week for the first 11 w/Collin. I need to know what's going on in there so I can relax. Or somewhat relax anyway. I called the doc this morning and asked for another blood test. She laughed and said that was fine. It was almost 7000. She said she doesn't think there will be any issues at the u/s and we should hear the heartbeat w/no problems. I hope she's right.

We've told our parents and a few close friends our news. I have to say I was a little disappointed in their reactions. They were happy of course but I guess I just expected more. I know it's not as exciting as the first but to me it is. I think they were more shocked than anything. They were like "wait a min... you did this on your own?" Yep. Crazyness. I bought Collin a shirt that said "Awesome Brother" to wear on Easter to tell our families. No one noticed, on either side of the family. We had to point it out. Very observant group of people in our blood lines.

I never told you how I told DH we were expecting. Well he was working late that night w/his brother at our neighbors. Didn't get home until 8. Longest. Day. Of. My. Life. Dh's b-day was in a few days so I put the HPT's in a gift bag and typed up a letter for him. At first I made it sound like it was a present from Collin and then the longer he read it said something about big brother Collin. He knew at that point... I signed it "Baby #2." He was shocked. Totally.

Well... that's all I have for now. I hope you all had a Happy Easter! Love to you all!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Nothing is better than peace of mind... even if it's just for a few minutes. Er seconds ;-)

I know what you mean about family reactions. I made this shirt for Delilah that said 'Big Sis in Training'. My mom didn't notice it until I pointed it out & then she thought it was just wishful thinking at first LoL My grandma was all like, well I thought you were going to wait longer. And his parents didn't really say anything. Family rocks haha

What a cute way to tell your DH :-) I had Delilah take the test to my DH. I told him she had found something in the bathroom and I thought he should look at it LoL