Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Daycare Rant

Collin goes to a big name daycare here in town. Wasn't my first pick- I really wanted in home but couldn't find anyone. Well luckily enough my first pick- a good friend of mines mother has an in home daycare has an opening in October. Oh glorious day. Well I'm not sure I can hold out until October. Here's the down low...

Collin's in the infant room at the daycare and the head ladies were a mother & a daughter. They were really sweet & I liked them. They seemed to really love Collin which made me feel at ease. Well I noticed a week or so ago that I hadn't seen them in there for awhile. At first I thought maybe they took a vacation or something. Well Friday I asked the 2 girls that I had seen in his room lately where they were. They tell me they don't work there anymore. Ummm okay. I told them that's nice I would have liked to have been notified of that. Grabbed Collin and left. The owner and the director weren't there that day which is probably a good thing because I was pretty pissed. Today I asked the lady (she's always there when I drop him off before they get busy it's just the one lady) that was there when I dropped off if who's room this was now and she said "I don't know, I don't know what's going on." Ummm okay. So at work I'm getting all kinds of fired up and couldn't wait to get him picked up so I could talk to someone who actually knew what the -pardon my French- fuck is going on. Of course no one is there. When I picked him up there was some other baby playing in his crib and he hadn't napped since 11a.m. I told them he needs to be taking naps later in the day because he's been falling asleep in his highchair during dinner. Damn it. I'm becoming one of those overbearing mothers. I don't care... I want to know who's taking care of my child everyday and I want to know why the ladies don't work there anymore. I know they can't give me details but I want to be assured that it has nothing to do w/the care of those babies. Sorry this is so all over the place but I'm a tad bit pissed off. Oh and Collin fell asleep in his car seat on the way home (we live like 5 min away) and it's 4:50. Great. Like he's gonna wanna sleep tonight!

7 comments:

E said...

I would def. want to know what is going on too!! I don't blame you a bit.

Angie said...

I don't blame you for being upset. I don't have experience in this area, but I think I'd be pissed off, too. You definitely have a right to know who's taking care of your child!

Allison said...

I would be going ballistic. It doesn't seem like too big a thing to want to know WHO'S WATCHING YOUR CHILD and whether the ladies left on their own or if they were fired b/c of something related to the care they were giving!!

Wow. Hope you get a hold of someone with answers SOON.

^J^ said...

Whoa!! I'd totally go postal on them if I were you. ....Too bad we don't live closer, I need a job and it sounds like you need a new daycare or nanny. Hopefully, your friend's mother will have an opening sooner than October.

{{{hugs}}}

M said...

Woah! I'd be livid too! They definitely need to notify you of those kinds of big changes. You are not being unreasonable at all!

Christina said...

I'd be mad too! This same sort of thing happened with Annika too at the daycare she was at. I'd have total strangers hand her over to me and it always made me mad that no one would tell me anything!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I would be mad too and want some answers about what happened.