Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Worried



Tonight was my dogs yearly shots & checkup. Ellie- my sickly blind peek-a-poo has this. She's on a special diet & gets meds 3 times a day. She's been doing great & her blood work has always came back in the normal range. Not this time. Her kidney enzymes were elevated. This is not a good sign... my vet said she's not sure what to do because she has never had a dog w/a shunt live as long as Ellie has so she hasn't seen the disease get to the kidneys like this. She is going to contact the Hills Vets w/science diet and see what they have to say. She's supposed to call us tomorrow. My vet is the best. Ellie almost died a few weeks after we got her and thanks to our vet she lived. She didn't give up on her. We will never give up on her. It breaks my heart though... I can't loose my Ellie. She was by my side through the worst times in my life. The loss of my dad, IF... she was always there for me. I love this dog so very much. She was my baby for 6 years. Please pray for her. Pray that it is an easy fix and she stays with us for many years.

8 comments:

Robin said...

((hugs))

elephantscanremember said...

(hugs) I hope they can fix the poor puppy. I completely understand your attachment to her.

Steph O. said...

((((HUGS))))

Animals becoming "part of the family" is something that I totally get! I hope your baby is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

UGH, its a dog. GET OVER IT!!

I'm too nice to ever want to punch someone in their face.

Anonymous said...

Hoping for the best! Our animals are like are babies!!Don't pay attention yo the doodie head above me!!

Allison said...

(((Hugs)))

Coco said...

Poor baby! I hope that everything turns out to be ok! I completely get that she had been your rock through IF... I don't know what I would have done without my pups!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry about your dog- I really hope this isn't the end of the road for her. And I'm sorry you had such a heartless person post a comment like that- yes to some people it's "just a dog" but not everyone feels the same. Poo on them- they're assholes.