Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A different baby?

Did someone come and steal my baby and bring me a different one? Seriously... he is like a totally different kid. The Za.ntac and Soy formula seems to have done the trick. Collin hasn't had any colicky episodes since Tuesday I believe and has slept in his crib the last 3 nights! I'm so relieved. I'm so happy his little belly is feeling better! I've stopped pumping since he is responding so well to the formula. As much as I hate to do that because I know breast is best I know this is making him feel better and that is what I feel is the best thing for everyone. He is such a porker! According to what I've read he should be eating about 2 1/2oz every 2-3 hours. Well he eats about 3oz at LEAST every 3 hours. Sometimes every 2 1/2 hours. I told him we're going to have to call We.ig.ht Wat.che.rs but he doesn't seem to care much! =) Seriously though I bet he weighs at LEAST 8 lb now. Which is a good thing! I think chubbier babies are so stinkin cute! Holy cow does formula baby poop stink! So much worse than BF babies! I was not prepared for that!! Also when I was changing him earlier today he peed (this is like the 3rd time I've been peed on) and he got it all over the wall!! Cracks me up! I'm just too slow at changing diapies! Well I'm going to get going... hope this post made since... I'm eating lunch and doing this at the same time so my mind is scattered as usual!

9 comments:

JennaDee said...

Aww so glad to hear he is responding well! And believe me you'll catch on real quick with the diaper changes!!! You would think after the first boy I'd have it under control... No I still sometimes get peed on with mason!

Robin said...

Great news that he is feeling better!!!! Don't worry about the weight gain.. the more he gains the better he sleeps.. :):)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried breastmilk again with the Zantac? It may just be the Zantac and you could keep breastfeeding.

Allison said...

Glad Collin is doing better!! :)

And maybe I'm in the minority and maybe it's because I've never been in the position, but when I read about the pressure ladies feel to breastfeed when it's obviously not going well for the baby or for her.... well, I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't switch to formula. I think Happiness is best (sayeth the non-mom, so feel free to ignore my ignorance). :)

Jen said...

Glad things are going better for you guys now. Hey, when do we get to see more pictures of the little guy??

Melissa said...

So glad Collin is feeling better. I agree with you formula poop stinks, but I found the formula burps in your are face disgusting!!

E said...

Yeayyyyyyyyy!!! I think whatever helps him feel good is BEST. ;)

ssbean said...

Ugh, I can't imagine changing a newborn boys diaper, I wouldn't know what to do. I'm glad your little man is doing better with the soy.

Steph O. said...

So glad he's feeling better!

I second the request for more pics! :)