Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birth Story!

Hi girls! Here's Collin's birth story for you... Sorry about the lack of pictures. Hubby is supposed to help me get them on here tonight!

Well as you know I had an OB appt on Tuesday. At my appt I was still dilated to a 2-3 but was fully effaced. Doc said to make an appt for Monday so we left it at that. Well around 2a.m. I woke up w/a contraction. A new contraction. One I hadn't felt before... this one actually hurt a bit. So I kept laying in the recliner and had another one maybe 20 min later. I slept a lot on the recliner during my pregnancy... just more comfortable. Anyway so I then got up and went to lay in bed w/DH and he was awake. I said to him that I thought Collin would be born today because of these different contractions I'd just had. I decided I wasn't going to fall back asleep so I was going to just get up and get on the computer for a bit. So I sat up and felt a gush. I said "OMG I think my water just broke" and got up and went to the bathroom. Of course DH is up as soon as I said that. So I'm in the bathroom... pull down my underwear and its all bloody. Bright red blood. I sat on the toilet and almost immediately there is a clot that comes out and the whole toilet is filled w/blood. I called the hospital and told them what happened. I said I've only had 2 contractions but I just think there is too much blood here to be my bloody show. They said to go ahead and come up and they would take a look see. So we hurry up and finish packing our bags and left. We only live 5 min from the hospital. So by the time we actually got to the hospital which was maybe 30min after I called I had had a total of maybe 6 contractions. We get up into the labor and delivery room, they nurse checks me and I'm dilated to a freaking 9! Yes that's right a 9! I almost shit myself. I was barley even having contractions and the ones I was having weren't even that bad. So my mom and DH's mom and dad get to the hospital but were only in the room for maybe 15min before the doc was there w/my epidural so they had to leave. I got my Epid. and maybe an hour later I was at a 10. My waters were still intact though so the OB on call (not my OB) comes in breaks my water and it's time to push. I push for maybe 30min and then the OB whips out the suction thing and cuts me and out he comes! I was oh so very lucky! I was in labor a total of 4 1/2 hours if you count the minor contractions that begun at 2am until Collin was born at 6:27am. I'm a bit pissed that the OB did the suction and episiotomy w/out my asking for it and there not being a medical reason why we had to get him out right away... I think that OB is a jerk and just wanted to hurry up and go back home. We got released Thursday evening at 6 and things are going well... My milk came in today, which is awesome! I think Collin was getting a little upset that he wasn't getting much from me! He isn't a fan of his crib but we're working on that. He loves his bouncy/vibrating seat. I'm feeling pretty good. My episiotomy hurts but it's getting better. I'm not looking forward to DH going back to work Monday. It's been great having him here to help me. Okay I know this is all over the place and I probably don't make much since but I'm a bit tired! I'll try my best to keep you girls updated on baby! But for now... I'm going to try and take a nap before dinner!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow you were a 9 when you got there! That's amazing!! I'm glad that everything went well but I do wonder why the OB did an episiotomy if you didn't need it. You could complain- I had a nurse who was just awful & I complained about her on this survey thinger I got. Anyway, congrats on the birth of your beautiful son!!

^J^ said...

Holy Smokes!!! That's insane Jayme!!! I'm so glad you had an easy labor/delivery. Thanks for sharing the story - get some rest, mommy!! You're a mommy....can you believe it!?! Can't wait to see more pics of your little man!

Kelly said...

So happy for you!

Sweet Pea said...

Wow, what a nice story & fast birth !

elephantscanremember said...

Wow! Once it started, it started! I am happy it wasn't an unpleasant delivery for you.

Christina said...

Wow, that's like the shortest birth story ever! You were so lucky but what a jerk that OB was! Congrats again!

Allison said...

WOW!! That's awesome! Guess when Collin decided it was time, he meant It Was Time. LOL! Congrats!

Robin said...

Great job, Jayme! I'm so glad he's here!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy it was such a quick birth and healthy BABY!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!

AJ48 said...

The same thing happened to me!! I wasnt feeling bad contractions and when I got to the hospital I was 9 cm too!! Crazy huh!?!?

I am so happy that you are a mommy!! Congratulations!!!

lparsons15 said...

Congratulations! After working so hard to get pregnant I am sure it was nice to have a nice smooth delivery! He is beautiful!

Misty Dawn said...

Sounds like a smooth birth! Congrats!