Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 week check up!

Collin weighed 6lb 9oz at birth and now weighs 7lb 6oz. He's getting big! I had a nice chat w/the doc and decided that I'm going to supplement w/formula and pump. Seems like the best decision for me at this time. I hope it's the right one. At least he will still be getting some breast milk. He's wanting to nurse every hour and cries if he isn't at the breast. Doc thinks he's basically using my boob as his pacifier. We will start using pacies as well to hold him off on eating if need be. I can't feed him every hour. It's just not possible. I sure hope this works... it's stressing me out and I feel awful for not nursing him anymore. Other than our feeding problems he's doing great! Go back on Oct 1st for his 2 month check & immunizations. Ick.

7 comments:

Robin said...

That sounds like a good plan Jayme! Nobody said it has to be all or nothing.

The shots suck...but at least he'll be older then. :)

nholdorf said...

That sounds like it was a great checkup. I too supplement as well and like that I have a choice between offering the bottle or bfing. We just had our 2 month shots and I hated every second of it :(

M said...

Do not feel awful. You are doing such a wonderful job to inform yourself and find out what is best for your baby and for you.

Have you considered contacting a la leche league rep? They are a great listening ear and support. I was very impressed!

Anonymous said...

You could try the pacifiers first to see if that helps before you introduce formula. It sounds like he is getting enough milk and gaining just fine so if all he needs is a pacifier other than using you as a pacifier, maybe you wouldn't even need to worry about the formula. If the pacifier doesn't help, then you could try the formula.

Sarah said...

Glad he is gaining weight and doing good! I hope the feeding problems get better soon.

E said...

I had these same issues. Pumping and formula supplementing helped me for a while. Pacifier helped tremendously.

^J^ said...

2 weeks old already?!?! Where did the time go??

You're a great mom! Don't let anyone tell you differently.