Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1st trip to the ER

Yep, ER. My OB changed my antibiotic because it wasn't working and it turns out I am severely allergic. I'm not allergic to anything. I woke up itching to death and had a rash all over (yes all over) and my bottom lip looked like Bubba from Forest Gump. What woke me up in the first place was a horrible case of indigestion. I took a few Rolaids & then started throwing up. DH & I went to the ER around 3:30 and didn't get home until after 7. They gave me IV fluids, Zantac, & Benadryl. I'm now on Amoxicillan 3x a day & Zantac 2x a day. Pee hole is still bugging me, I really don't think an antibiotic is going to do the trick. I am so miserable & tired. I stayed home from work today to get some rest but shit I can't rest when I'm constantly in the bathroom feeling like I have to pee... I hope this clears up soon or I'm going to loose my mind.

8 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am so sorry you're going through this. Are you drinking lots of water or other liquid that won't agitate your organs? (While cranberry juice does help, the acid can make you hurt.) I found that drinking water constantly seemed to help me. I would drink a glass or at least half a glass each time after using the bathroom. I figure if I am going in there, I'd might as well have something to urinate. I know the awful pain UTI's can cause, and having a full bladder helped me instead of an empty one and not having anything to urinate. (Then again, it may just be due to my dysfunction.)

I hope you feel better soon. (Hugs)

Sweet Pea said...

Oh no, I hope you can get some rest and start feeling better. ((HUGS)))

E said...

Sorry you are feeling miserable and about your urethra and allergic reaction. I used to get chronic UTIs and it SUCKED.

I hope they can help you soon.

I had a reaction to doxycycline and they dosed me on Benadryl 2 every 4 hours. I was soooooooo drowsy.

Tanya said...

Yuck, I hope that something gives soon. I agree with Sherry on the cranberry juice, it helps the urinary but hurts the tummy. I really hope that you are able to get some rest soon!

Sarah said...

Oh, no!!! I hope you feel better. I used to get UTI's a lot and water, water, and more water was the only thing that helped until the meds kick in.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

nancy said...

Oh damn! I hope you get through this without having to lose your mind!

Julie said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I hope that something will work so you will stop living in misery.

Caitlin said...

Sheez that is awful! I really hope you get some relief soon...and hopefully they can find some antibiotic that will help!

((hugs))