Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

17 week appt update

Hi ladies! Just got back from my 17week appt and everything went well! I've gained almost 9lbs so far (gasp!). I knew it was coming but OMG I've never weighed this much in my life! Does that seem like a lot for only being 17 weeks? I'm just worried that maybe I'm eating more than I should or maybe I just need to eat better foods. Either way I have a feeling I'm going to gain a lot more by the time the little one gets here! My BIG u/s is scheduled for March 23rd. I'm so excited! DH & I plan to go shopping afterwards to try and find some bedding. We are going shopping for furniture w/my in laws on April 3rd so we really would like to have the room painted before we start moving furniture in there. We already have a set picked out for both boy or girl but now we just need to find out which it is & make sure that's really what we want! 3 more weeks! OMG is this for real? I'm still in shock. Totally. I'm so incredibly blessed & couldn't be more thankful & happy right now. I hope all of you are doing well... I know we've had some really shitty times lately & I hope everyones luck starts to turn around. Thinking if you as always...

13 comments:

Christina said...

Yay for 17 weeks, time is flying! I'm the wrong person to ask about weight gain, I think I was close to or over 20 pounds by 17 weeks (since I did gain 60 total, eeek). So I'm pretty sure 9 pounds is okay :)

Tanya said...

9 pounds is normal, everyone is different and there are many people who start out large and end up losing and many who gain up to 100 pounds, but you usually end up pretty close to where you started. Eat when you are hungry and indulge in some cravings, you will be ok. Sometimes it will seem that you are gaining too much, but I think it is because you are so used to being thin..you will be fine and if you aren't, your dr will let you know before you get to a bad point. HTH

Can't wait for your big u/s and update.

Julie said...

I'm sure 9 pounds is fine. Like Tanya said, your Dr will let you know if you are gaining too much.

I can't wait until you find out the gender. I'm glad things are going so well.

Jen said...

So glad things are going well!! I can't wait until your big ultrasound!! How damn exciting.

mk said...

Congrats girl! Time is flying, and baby Jamie jr. Will be here soon, lol. And 9 lbs doesn't sound bad. I gained 50lbs total, and the weight came off pretty quickly without even really trying. I still have 10lbs to go, but you'll be surprised how much is actually just water weight. Just try to eat healthy, but don't worry too much about the weight, just remember you've been blessed with a healthy, hungry, growing baby :)

Misty Dawn said...

LOL I've never weighed this much in my life either, but I blame depression & IF meds. :) At least you are PG!! Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

Glad things are going well :-) 9 lbs at 17 weeks doesn't sound like a lot to me. If you're concerned just make sure you're eating healthy foods and stay away from junk good. Your docter will tell you if you're gaining too much too quickly.

^J^ said...

WOW! So incredibly happy for you Jayme!!! Do we get to find out what you are having as well? I hope so!! :)

M said...

Time is flying, wow!! Glad to hear everything is going well. Feeling baby move yet??

As for the weight gain, 9 lbs sounds just right! I gained my first 20 lbs over the first 25 weeks or so, it's seemed to slow down a lot the last little bit which doesn't make a lot of sense to me but oh well.

Take care!!

Morgan Owens said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad everything is going good...you are almost half way done! WHOA! :)

ssbean said...

Dang 17wks already, big u/s coming up soon...I can't wait. I can't believe you're this far. 9lbs at almost halfway is pretty darn good. Be proud of yourself.

Steph O. said...

So glad you're doing well! Has the m/s pretty much gone away yet?

Don't worry about your weight! You are TINY to begin with, so I'm sure it's just baby & fluid. Cat.her.ine Ze.ta Jo.nes gained 80 lbs during her pg, it all came off. I was reading an interview & she said that it was just so fun to eat the things she craved. (poor celebs 1/2 starve themselves most of the time!) ANYWAY, you look great, baby weight comes off, & your healthy baby will be worth the extra lbs! :)

Robin said...

Great news!! Don't worry about the weight.. it will come off, and it is all worth it!

March 23rd will be here before you know it! Do you have a feeling if it is a boy or a girl?