Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ovarian pain?

Gotta make this quick cuz I'm on my lunch break but need some opinions or what others have felt. I woke this morning w/what felt like ovulation pains on my left ovary area. I thought maybe I just pulled something and it would get better as the day went on. Well nearly 2 hours later my pain was probably a 6 out of 10. Which isn't TOO bad but enough to make me call my OB doctor. They just told me to take 1000mg of Tylenol & drink lots of fluids. Call if it's not better in 6 hours. Okay... well I do feel better after taking the Tylenol BUT why is this happening??? They said it could just be ligaments stretching but... only on one side? By my ovary? I hope it's nothing... I'll keep you updated.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I have no clue what it is, but I hope it goes away.

Anonymous said...

I'm about a month ahead of you in my pregnancy, but right about the same time (just starting my 2nd tri) I had the same type of pain you are describing, it felt like ovulation or cyst pain. I called my OB, they said it was most likely stretching and told me what they told you. It did go away, later that day. Very worrisome though-I'll bet everything is ok though.

JennaDee said...

I agree with PP it sounds like stretching. Its a pain... literally, but it does get better.

E said...

I think M experience something like this that sent her to the ER. They also just chalked it up to ligament pain.

Tanya said...

I also got this pain around 4 months, and they told me it was all the stretching, mine was only on my Left side back then too...but that was a long time ago.

Robin said...

This happened to me and a friend of mine. I think it's probably a ligament pain, even though it doesn't feel like stretching. I hope it goes away and you feel better soon!

M said...

Jayme, I went to ER at right around 16 weeks because i was CONVINCED I had a monster ovarian cyst. It felt just like cyst pain and ovary pain and it turned out to be RLP. Maybe that's what you're having. Mine too was really bad and lasted a few days. I hope it's just stretching and something that will pass.

AJ48 said...

What you are describing sounds a lot like the pain I was in when I was preggo...it lasted a while but eventually went away. I was never quite sure what it was but I figured it was RLP. Hope it doesnt last too long for ya!