Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What a day

Bullets because I'm so random right now...
  • Jakes grandpa passed away this after noon. It's a sad day but I'm also thankful that he went fairly quickly and didn't suffer long. The doctors thought he had brain damage too so if he would have pulled through he would have been in the nursing home on a ventilator most likely which is not the life he would have wanted to live. He was very active, loved fishing and working around in the yard. I owe so much to him for all the work he did on our house. When we moved in every wall (I'm not exaggerating) was wall papered & he'd come over every day while we were working and strip wall paper and paint. We got the work one in 1/2 the time because of him. Jakes grandma was quite the talker and talked enough for the both of them so... grandpa was a pretty quite guy. Quite but always very nice. He will be missed. Christmas Eve he was so funny because we told the aunts & uncles that we were expecting and apparently Jake's mom had already told him. He was just like "yeah she told me I couldn't tell anyone!!" For some reason it just made me laugh. I'm glad he knew he was going to get another great grand baby soon but I'm sad that they will never meet.
  • I've been feeling like total crap lately. Not pregnancy wise but just cold/flu like symptoms. Sore throat, runny nose, aching bones. I've been fighting this cold for about 2 weeks. I'm assuming its just harder for me to fight this stuff right now because I am pregnant & because I refuse to take anything for it. Hot tea is my best friend tonight =)
  • Yes, I'm still being lazy and haven't uploaded my u/s pics. MAYBE tomorrow! I will get them up though. I need to take my 8 week belly pic for my book tonight but I don't think that's going to happen either.
  • Anyone doing anything fun for new years?? We were going to visit friends in Chicago but due to Jake's grandpa passing (Visitation is Friday) we decided we should just stay home. We are planning on going out to dinner and then to our neighbors parents. Apparently they are having a get together there so that should be fun.
  • I guess that's all I have for the night... thanks for all the prayers for Jake's grandpa. We really appreciated it.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Awww Jayme, I'm so sorry to hear about Jake's Grandpa. (((((HUGS))))) to you both.

I hope you start to feel better soon. I kind of feel like starting to come down with some sort of cold thing too. Not liking it!

Happy New Year!!

^J^ said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you both, losing someone you love is never easy.

I hope you get to feeling better. It seems like a lot of blog friends are getting sick lately. Get some rest and take care hun.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your family is surrounded by love and comfort during this trying time.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about Jake's grandpa. You are right though, in some ways its a blessing that he went quickly.

I hope you start to feel better! It's probably a combo of pregnancy related fatigue and the virus. I remember being so wiped out the first trimester.

Happy new year!

elephantscanremember said...

(Hugs) You and your family are in my prayers.

I hope you feel better soon.

Richelle & Mike said...

Lot's of hugs Jayme. Take a lot of vit C for your cold. Drink OJ and go get some vit c tablets. That always works the best for me. Better than any cold meds too. Hope you get to feelin better!