Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

8 week u/s!

Okay so I'm not 8 weeks yet but pretty darn close. U/S went great! We could actually hear the heartbeat this time! The swoosh swoosh was like music to my ears =) The rate was 152bpm which I'm told means it is most likely a boy (I checked it out online and this wife's tale isn't true) which is probably right... there hasn't been a boy on Jake's side of the family in 5 generations! If we do end up having a girl she will be so spoiled rotten it won't even be funny! We could see the little arm & leg buds and a spine! So crazy to be able to see that stuff this early. I will scan the pics tomorrow maybe... my scanner is a pile and I don't feel like screwing w/it tonight.

On a not so good note... please say a prayer for Jake's grandpa... he's in the hospital and most likely won't make it though the night. We aren't really sure what happened... he's 83 and diabetic. He went into the hospital Saturday w/bronchitis which turned into pneumonia and his kidney's shutting down and the whole 9 yards. It happened so fast... he wasn't feeling well on Christmas but we didn't think much of it... he's very active and healthy for his age. So sad. He's such a nice man.

Also if you haven't already done so please go over to Misty's blog and send her some ((((HUGS))) she could really use them right now...

9 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am sorry to hear of your dh's grandpa. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.


I cannot believe you're almost 8 weeks along!

^J^ said...

He will def be in my prayers.

8 weeks already, wow!! So cool you got to hear the heartbeat. I bet that's the best sound ever!!

E said...

Aww, sorry to hear about his grandpa.

Glad to hear your u/s went well.

Robin said...

Great news with the u/s!!

((hugs))

Sorry about DH's grandpa. :(

AJ48 said...

Your grandpa will be in my prayers...sorry to hear about that.

Sooooo happy for you! I will never forget the first time I heard the heartbeat! Such an amazing sound huh!?!

Post pics soon!

ssbean said...

I'm sorry to here about Jake's Grandpa.

I'm so glad that you were able to hear the heartbeat and see your LO. How are you feeling??

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you that everything went well at your uldrasound. I'm sure hearing that little hearbeat was magic to your ears.

Keep us all posted on how you are doing.

I will be thinking of Jake's Grandpa.

mk said...

awww. congrats girl! enjoy your pregnancy. time will fly by, and soon youll be holding your LO in your arms.

OwenFamily said...

You're right about the heart rate. ;-) Roseanna's HB stayed in the 150's. ;-)

Sorry to hear about your dh's grandpa.