Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Who will be there for us?

After work tonight I went to a local restaurant that has been around for ages. There are a lot of older people that eat there for every meal of the day. They have the best fried chicken and noodles which is why I was there picking up food in the first place. Anywho so I'm standing in line waiting to pick up my chicken and I look over to my right and there is an elderly couple paying for the meal they had just ate in the diner. The woman must have had Alzheimer's or something like it and was very shaky and kind of shook back and forth and but the man seemed to be in rather good health considering he was probably in his 80's. The man was very patient with his wife and helped her with her purse and helped her walk through the lobby and out the door. I watched this couple the whole time. It made me feel very happy that she had such a great husband that was so patient with her and that she had someone to take care of her while she was in that condition instead of being put in a nursing home. Almost immediately I thought... man what if something happens to the husband, where would she go? Who would take care of her? Does she have children that could care of her? I hoped she did. After thinking about this woman for a while I then thought... what about me? What if something happens to Jake. Who would take care of me? What if I get sick like that when I'm old, who's going to take care of me? What if we never do have children? What if something happens to me, who will take care of Jake? If we never have children one of us will most likely die alone. How long would it take someone to find our body? Who will come visit? Who will celebrate our birthday's? Who will get us a Christmas gift? It's things like this that I hadn't thought about until now and these are things that will continue to haunt me. I don't want to die alone & I don't want Jake to die alone.

8 comments:

Allison said...

*crying*

Ditto.

((((Hugs)))

AJ48 said...

(((hugs)))) Just know that your not alone with these thoughts. The haunt me too.

Jen said...

This one got me all teary. Damn stupid tears. Believe you me...these thoughts have all crossed my mind since losing Shawn,

I say we all stick together and just take care of each other.


(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Morgan said...

Things like that happen to me sometimes too..things that make you stop and think!

Christina said...

You've totally got me crying too. I just hate that anyone, especially you all, have to even think like this at all.

Steph O. said...

(((((HUGS)))))

(i'm sorry, i don't know what to say. but i've worried about that too)

ssbean said...

(((HUGS)))

I know it's been a very rough road for you with TTC. But I do believe with everything in me that you will be successful, you will have a child or children, and you will NOT die alone, not you or Jake. It's not over yet. It's not over until you draw your last breath. Hang in there, don't give up, not yet. I still have hope that you will have your children.

Misty Dawn said...

I freak out about this all the time too.