Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Funerals & stupid comments

Today was grandma's funeral. It was a nice service. There were lots of stories told that I never knew about. Some made me laugh, others made me cry. My grandma was one hell of a woman. I never really realized how much alike we were until today. My grandma was quite the talker, just like me. My grandma told it like it was, just like me. Not to mention how much we look alike. Only real difference is that she was an awesome cook. I on the other hand am terrible! I will miss her so much. I've been missing her for years though... she'd been going down hill for awhile and hadn't been the same in along time.

At the funeral I had some of the stupidest stuff said to me. Not about grandma but about my IF and FET coming up on Monday. Not sure who told the world (probably my mom) but OMG!! Half of these people I barely even talk to. I couldn't tell you how many "I'll be praying for you Monday" or "You just need to relax and it will happen" comments I got. So many that at one point I actually said to someone... "You know, relaxing isn't going to do shit for me, I'm young yes, but that doesn't mean squat. Don't tell me to relax." I probably just should have let all of that roll of my shoulders but... I had to speak up. It was driving me nuts. And #1 worse comment was said by a close relative that has known what was going on for along time (My mom tells him everything). At the visitation in front of EVERYONE standing outside he said LOUD as hell... "HEY Jayme, are you still trying to have a baby or have you given up?" I just glared at him and said "Yep" and walked inside and shut the door behind me. COME THE FUCK ON PEOPLE! Who does that? Seriously? Like being there didn't suck bad enough, I had to deal w/stupid IF comments from dumb people for the last 2 days!

As always thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

Birdee said...

I hope that if it was your mom who told the world, she sees the repercussions of what happens when you blab (or for whoever did tell everyone). I know they think there meaning well, but it's hurtful to have your personal life exploited like that, PPL just don’t understand and something’s are just better left un talked about. We're out of control with our bodies enough as it is, we don’t need to feel even more out of control with ppl's reactions to our out of control bodies.
Sorry about your grandma and sorry you had to deal with that at her funeral.

To A T said...

OH hun! I'm sorry you had to be subjected to ignorant comments ON TOP of it already being a hard day :( (((HUGS)))

Steph O. said...

I'm so sorry for those insensitive clods. So clearly not appropriate & at a funeral? C'mon!

(((HUGS)))

Allison said...

Oh ((((((Jayme)))))))!! How awful, I'm so sorry. People can really suck - you were definitely dealing with enough and didn't need all of those comments. :(

I'll shout this from the rooftops now: "GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY!!!" Sending many, many prayers your way!

higretchen said...

Ugh - that's awful - what's wrong with people? Really, people are seriously stupid sometimes b/c A) those comments are F'ing insensitive so I'm glad you spoke up to the one who told you to relax; I really think people don't have a clue and they just need to hear that sometimes - they need that slap in the face! And B) you're at your grandmother's funeral! Why is everyone yelling about your IF treatments? UGH - sorry - had to continue the vent for you....

Good luck today!!! =)
-gretch