Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

We're a go!

Hi girls! I only have a minute for a quick update. I will check in on you all tomorrow. I had to work late tonight and have had a bunch of stuff to get done around the house! House work never ends! I had my RE appt this AM and everything was lookin` good! I took my last dose of lupron tonight and will begin Progesterone gel & shots tomorrow. FET is set for 1:15 Thursday! I'm trying to stay grounded and not get too excited about it. HA!

I did put my cat down last night. It was very hard. I've never experienced putting an animal to sleep and I hope I don't have to again for a long, long time. It was fast... he didn't feel a thing. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore. I will really miss having him around but I know in my heart it was the right thing. But I do just feel horrible about it. He put his trust in me and I just took him from his home and put him down. Ugh. I hate the guilt of that. We buried him at my mom's. For those of you that didn't know.. Toby (that's my cats name) had feline immuno deficiency virus which is the feline form of AIDS. There was absolutely nothing we could have done for him. It just sucks that it happened to him. He was quite the fighter though. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them. You are all so awesome!

10 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

I'm happy Toby is no longer in pain Jayme. (((HUGS)))


Thursday? Are you kidding? Man that was fast. I like FETs so much better! So you'll have a beta by 3/30?

margelina said...

I'm so sorry Jayme. I know how hard that must have been. When a dog I had for years got sick, I was a mess and had to have my dad do it...and it was still so horrible. (((hugs)))
Yay for being a go! Very happy and excited for you!

Richelle & Mike said...

What a bittersweet post! So sorry for your loss of Toby. I dread the day I lose one of my furbabies.

Now YAH! for your FET! Are you off Friday as well? Take plenty of time and let those embies get nice and snuggled in. See you on PAIF by April girl!

Steph O. said...

(((HUGS))) There really wasn't anything more you could've done for Toby & putting him down shows that you loved him enough to not prolong suffering. We've lost a cat to FLV, it's hard. If you get another, they can be vaccinated against it as long as they don't already have it.

About the FET- Wow! Thursday! That'll be here before you know it. Sending you millions of sticky vibes! :)

Caitlin said...

So sorry about your kitty...

As for the FET- yes!! That's awesome I'm glad things are looking good! Tons of sticky vibes coming your way!!

littlesteps said...

Good luck Thursday! It's so exciting that it's here already!

Kelly said...

I am so, so sorry.

To A T said...

Today's the day!!! Hooray!! I hope everything went well! I can't wait for an update!! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :( It's hard even when you know it's the right thing. ((HUGS))

Dan, Claire, Jayda and Cash said...

I'm sorry to hear about Toby - my cat had the same thing and we had to put him down as well. What a horrible thing for them to have to go through, just know you made the right decision! I've never posted a comment on your blog, but follow you through the world of IF as we were there one day as well.

Please read this, it really helped when we had to put our beloved Harley down last fall:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Hugs, our animals are like our children, too!!

Dan, Claire, Jayda and Cash said...

Sorry, last link didn't work, google "rainbow bridge", it still brings tears to my eyes, but really helps, too. Hugs!