Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

5th IUI & next step

Well I had my 5th IUI today. Kinda hurt a bit. Not sure why. We had our consultation we RE and decided that we will try a C of injectable's (follistim) and do another IUI. If that C doesnt work we will begin the IVF process. He gave us a 30% chance of working. I think that is really low everything I've read says like 60%. I was anxious to do IVF because I thought it would work but now.... I'm just thinking I have a 30% of having a child of my own. I mean... we have a 30% chance of this IUI working & the next one w/injectables too. I just dont get it. I am so friggin sad right now. Jakes count dropped to 12mil today. Motility was good though. Post wash it was somewhere like 2.5 mil. Like this will ever work. I'm sorry but I cant have hope about this C at all. I know its not going to work and I'm sure the next wont either. I honestly dont think I will ever be KU. I just feel it. Mothers intuition maybe. I just dont understand. I was having ovulation problems. Thats fixed now w/meds. Jake has a low count WHY wouldnt IVF work?? I just want to fall asleep tonight & not wake up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are so sad. I've been there too, trust me. For me, it comes and goes. My husband has low sperm count. We had one IUI and it didn't work b/c the count was so low. However, I had heard of people conceiving with as little as 6 million after the wash and 3 million after the wash so it CAN happen! Basically our doctor said the count was so low that he doesn't want to do anymore unless the count goes up. My husband is now on Clomid for 6 weeks to see if it helps the count and then we'll try another IUI. But if that doesn't work, it's onto IVF with ICSI (where they inject the egg with the sperm). Then you hardly need any sperm and there is a 60% chance that you will be pregnant. I don't know why you were told there was only a 30% chance. Was your doc talking about IVF or IVF with ICSI? Anyways, now I am just trying to focus on Jan. when we will most likely do IVF. It's almost a relief to just focus on that and not on trying every month until then. I don't know if this will help you feel better, but sometimes when I'm sad, I try to think of how much life could be worse to keep things in perspective...Like maybe we were single and alone and then we'd be sad we didn't have husbands or we could be paralyzed or something like that. Maybe you'll think I'm crazy but sometimes it helps me to just be grateful for what I do have while I'm in this frustrating and sad period of my life ttc.
I hope you feel better and I will pray your cycle works and you getyour miracle:) -Marie in MI

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Thanks for your post Marie. Yes my doc was planning on doing ICSI. I dont understand why the % was so low. Doesnt make since. There is nothing else wrong w/us other than the low count & irregular ovulation. I guess I'll see! I hope everything works out for you. Good luck on your IUI!!