Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

R.I.P Grandma Dorothy

My husbands grandma passed away this morning. I may as well just say "my" grandma as I was closer to her than both of my own. Unfortunately this was her 2nd bout w/cancer that we knew she wouldn't make through. The doctors gave her 1yr. she made it 3 months. She was by far one of the most awesome people you could even imagine knowing. So funny and full of energy for an 79 year old. She said all she wanted to do was live to see our baby someday. I wanted so bad for her to be able to too but in my heart knew it wasn't going to happen. It does make me feel better to know that she didn't have to "suffer" too long. It was relatively quick and painless where as if she would have lived another 9 months she would have went through so much pain and suffering. For that I'm thankful for. I just don't understand why bad things happen to good people. I mean she went to church 2 times a week and never hurt a fly. Why her? Why not some murderer? Death is something I will never understand. You would think after all the death I have seen that it would get easier... it doesn't. Death sucks and grieving is such a hard battle to fight. I just hope grandpa will be okay. Poor guy. Hes 80 and probably hasn't cooked/cleaned a day in his life. This is going to be so hard on him. *Sigh*

4 comments:

nancy said...

My husband's grandmother passed away yesterday at 1:30am. Strange to see this.

I'm sorry for the loss of Grandma Dorothy.

butterfly397 said...

I'm sorry about your loss Jayme. I'm sure it's not easy

Christina said...

Sorry about your husband's grandmother Jayme. I hope your family is able to get through this.

elephantscanremember said...

I am sorry for the loss. You and your family are in my prayers.